[OpenAFS] Problem building a Debian package in AFS

deb251@lewenberg.com deb251@lewenberg.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:18:50 -0700

On 9/10/2021 8:18 AM, Jakob Haufe wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 06:23:23 -0700
> deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
>
>> I have two Debian servers: one is buster and one is bullseye. They both
>> run the openafs-client service. When I run "gbp buildpackage mypackage"
>> it completes successfully on both servers as long as the directory where
>> I run "gbp" is _not_ in AFS. If I run "gbp" in an AFS directory it
>> completes successfully on the buster server but fails almost immediately
>> if run on the bullseye server.
>
> Have you checked /afs is mounted inside the chroot pbuilder creates?
> See BINDMOUNTS in your pbuilderrc(5).

The /afs mount is not inside the chroot, rather, it is just where I am
running the package build.

To be explicit:

1. The server (buster or bullseye) has the sid chroot environment in
/var/cache/pbuilder/sid. This directory is local and not part of AFS.

2. Create a directory in AFS, say, /afs/example.com/users/rlinxster/wget.

3. Change into that AFS directory: cd /afs/example.com/users/rlinxster/wget

4. Download the wget package source: apt-get source wget

5. Change into the source directory: cd wget-1.21

6. (Try to) build the package: pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder
--buildresult .. --debbuildopts -i -- --basepath
/var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow --distribution sid --configfile
/etc/pbuilder/sid

7. This results in the error:

I: Generated dsc will be overwritten by build result; not generating
changes file
E: File not found: ../wget_1.21-1.dsc

Note that the above _works_ on buster. Also, the above works on bullseye
as long at in step 3 you are in a local directory and not in AFS.