[OpenAFS] Problem building a Debian package in AFS == RX CID bug

deb251@lewenberg.com deb251@lewenberg.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:35:38 -0700

On 9/11/2021 8:44 PM, Jeffrey E Altman wrote:
> On 9/11/2021 10:57 PM, deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
>> buster:
>> Trying 192.168.225.188 (port 7001):
>> AFS version: OpenAFS 1.8.2-1+deb10u1-debian 2021-07-21 root@buster-server
>
> This is a totally broken client because of the RX CID bug and it cannot
> successfully communicate with any AFS location server or file server.
> Executing
>
>    rxdebug localhost 7001 -allconn -onlyclient
>
> after attempting to access /afs should show a number of connections
> whose CID is 80000000.  Every connection between a client and a server
> is required to have a unique CID.  If more than one connection has the
> 80000000 CID then the communication between the peers will be unsuccessful.
>
> The Debian build of OpenAFS labeled version 1.8.6-5 for bullseye
> contains a fix for the RX CID bug as does any OpenAFS tagged release
> 1.8.7 or later.   As indicated by
>
>    https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=openafs
>
> the latest buster package of OpenAFS is 1.8.2-1+deb10u1 which does not
> contain the RX CID fix.

While you are undoubtedly correct about the buster version of the
OpendAFS client having that bug, it does not seem to affect the building
of the Debian package using pbuilder (chroot): the pbuild _works_ on my
buster server and _fails_ on my bullseye server.