[OpenAFS] Building on AIX

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:16:54 -0700

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 06:12:00PM +0000, Ben Huntsman wrote:
> Ah, interesting!  Thank you for pointing that out!
>
> Just to test a sloppy fix, I added an include of <sys/time.h> to src/afs/AIX/osi_machdep.h, and that allowed the compile to continue.  It stops at src/afs/AIX/osi_sleep.c, but I'll treat that as a separate thread.
>
> I'm not sure if including <sys/time.h> from src/afs/AIX/osi_machdep.h is the best way to resolve it, but if so maybe that should be put in a patch?  Perhaps it should go in src/afs/sysincudes.h?

sysincludes.h sounds better to me, yes.
If you're able, please go ahead and make a patch and submit it to our
gerrit instance for review!  The entry point for the documentation on how
to do that would be
https://wiki.openafs.org/devel/GitDevelopers/ , which probably covers a bit
more than is needed to just submit this one patch (but I guess it sounds
like there will be more coming later...).  We also have the
openafs-devel@openafs.org list and a not-very-active jabber room
openafs@conference.openafs.org, plus a general IRC channel #openafs on
Libera.

Thanks!