[OpenAFS] Kerberos + Windows

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 24 Aug 2022 07:15:52 -0400

>The docs do show how to set up using the new scheme but assume
>Kerberos, not AD.  I've tried a few different things but I can't seem
>to get default_tkt_enctypes and default_tks_enctypes set correctly.

In the normal course of things you never, ever want to put any entries
for default_tkt_enctypes and default_tgs_enctypes (I'm assuming that's
what you meant for the second one).  Just remove them from your krb5.conf
and take the defaults.  The circumstances where you'd ever want to specify
those are very very rare.  If there is documentation somewhere that says
you SHOULD put something for those entries, let me know and I will personally
hunt it down and kill it (we had a problem where people in my larger
organization thought it was a good idea to put entries in for those
configuration file entries; caused us problems for YEARS).

--Ken