[OpenAFS] OpenAFS with GDM in Ubuntu 22.04 (or 20.04)?

jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi
Sun, 28 Aug 2022 10:14:14 +0300

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody has OpenAFS client working with GDM in Ubuntu 22.04
(or 20.04)? That is, allowing users to log into their homedirs
graphically.

I have an old virtualised setup that still works beautifully, however,
several OS-version upgrades breaks it and I haven't been able to build
one from a new installation either. I've spent so much time googling and
tweaking without luck. And in addition to have it convenient for the
users, I'd very much like it to safe and secure from the administrator's
point of view. Having the pam settings all over the place doesn't seem
to be the right path.

I would very much appreciate any pointers to installation steps and/or
working configurations etc.

br, jukka