[OpenAFS] Limiting mount point to known cells

Ingo van Lil inguin@gmx.de
Mon, 29 Aug 2022 10:59:18 +0200

On 8/27/22 17:46, Ed Rude wrote:

> I have faced similar issues at times. If you like everything about the
> current behavior of AFS aside from the impact it can have on git you
> might attack it from the git side. Maybe there is a way to stop git from
> recursing all the way to /afs/ ?

As Kostas suggested (thanks!), setting GIT_CEILING_DIRECTORIES=3D/afs will
stop git from trying to access /afs/.git. That clearly seems like a good
idea.

But then I'd need to find similar solutions for Mercurial (looking for
/afs/.hg), Bazaar (/afs/.bzr) and Subversion (/afs/.svn). I'm using one
of those fancy shell prompts that tries to display VCS information
whenever I'm inside a working copy.

Regards,
Ingo