[OpenAFS] How to replace pam_krb5 on RHEL 8 systems

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Mon, 11 Jul 2022 11:40:12 -0400

We went back to using FILE based caches for use along with PAGs.
Something didn't work right with keyring caches, and I don't recall
what.

I believe our general path was, keyring didn't work, ok, go to file
based. Now get sssd and pam_afs_session working properly and work around
the krb5-1.18 breakage. Did we ever go back to trying keyring again? Not
sure.

Of course, on several systems, we have eliminated the use of PAGs due to
the aforementioned problems with systemd-login and gnome-shell stuff not
working properly with PAGs. So on those, could probably switch back to
keyring credentials.

thanks.

--
David William Botsch