[OpenAFS] openafs versus systemd

Stephen Quinney stephen@jadevine.org.uk
Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:53:08 +0100

We're having trouble with the dbus-user-session package messing up afs
for logins on Ubuntu 22.04. On 20.04 we solved the issue by just
removing the package but this is now very difficult due to other
dependencies.

I'm aware this issue has been discussed before on the mailing list and
also on the systemd bug tracker
<https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/7261> but I'm still really
unclear on what the community feels is the best solution to this
problem.

I realise not everyone is a fan of systemd and some might suggest just
disabling the user session support entirely but that also appears to
have undesirable side-effects so I'd like to minimise the impact of
any changes I have to make.

How have others solved this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen Quinney