[OpenAFS] Changing host- and domainname

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:39:06 +0100 (CET)

> Yes, that helped, see also my previous message. Our problem was, that
> we didn't look for the NetInfo file in /var/lib/openafs/local/, but
> only in /etc/openafs.

Hint from the trenches: If you want different services to bind to
different interfaces (for example fileserver to one IP and database
servers to other interface) that can be done by having the binaries
looking for differently named NetInfo files containing different IP
numbers and using -rxbind. For examle NetI.db and NetI.fs. These file
name examples happen to have the same length as NetInfo. Btw, it is
bad practice to patch binaries without documenting it and I would be
happier if there would be another way to do it, but I never came
around to write a patch for that. Just saying ;-)

Harald.