[OpenAFS-win32-devel] afs integrated login with EnableKFW=1 and ccname set to "FILE:..."

Beata A Pruski bapruski@iastate.edu
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:17:57 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to resolve a problem with OpenAFS using KFW and kerberos 5 to
get afs tokens.
Here is the environment I am working in:
- windows xp sp2
- kfw 1.2.65 with ccname set:
         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MIT\Kerberos5\ccname="FILE:<full_path\<file_name>"
- openafs 1.3.76 installed and configured to aquire tokens at login time
- running a custom written Network Provider which gets kerberos v5 tickets
at login time (that is why ccname is set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to be a file)

If EnableKFW= 0 and tokens are aquired via kerberos v.4 everything works
fine. Any attempt to aquire afs tokens via kerberos 5 by setting EnableKFW
(=1) fails. I cannot even launch afscreds.exe because it gives me an
application error.

Can somebody help me resolve this problem, please?

Thanks,

Beata A. Pruski
Iowa State University
Academic Information Technologies