[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Use of the Windows Registry

Rob Murawski rsm4@ieee.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:06:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> When you use the term "Server" are you referring to the
> "AFS Client Service" or the "AFS Server"?

The "AFS Server"

> Have you looked at the keys the NSIS installer produces?
> All of the above information is located under the
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\TransarcCorporation root.

You're right.  I need to make better nots of what the variables are and
stop trying to do this from memory.

At which case, now I don't see any information attached to the service for
the AFS Server which makes my whole point kind of moot.

Only the AFS Client service will need its keys backed up during uninstall.

-Rob