[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS for Windows - outstanding projects report and call for testers

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:12:09 -0400 (EDT)

  I like most of the changes, and I'd like to say thanks! :)  I had a
question about the long term projects.

>   1. No longer use AFS Client Service "cell" as the default cell for
> individual users

  What does this mean?  Is this saying that the default cell for the
machine as a whole won't be the default cell for users?  On unix, the
ThisCell file defines the default cell, and its the default cell for
everyone.  Will the windows client not follow this behavior?  So people
will be able to set their default cell?  I'm not too sure I like this.

Thanks,
  Tim

Tim Craig            These are my opinions and not my employers. :)
OIT-Systems
tim@umbc.edu         It's hard to be serious when you're
                       naked. - Garfield