[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS for Windows - outstanding projects report and call for testers

Chris Crowther chris@jm-crowther.co.uk
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:48:12 +0100

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

>>    I'm trying to get a Windows 64-bit build enviroment setup on my
>> machine so I can look into the apparent lockup on Windows XP 64-bit.
>

> Did you have to make any changes to the build scripts for 64 bit
> compilation?

    I can't even get it to compile for 2000/XP32 atm (which could be
down it being the pre-release version of .NET 2005).  Right now it's
falling over on a redefinition of vsnprintf() - though looking at the
source it's only intended to be compiled on some UNIX varieties - I just
changed the #if definition to skip it if AFS_NT40_ENV is defined (sorry
I'm writing this at the same time as poking the source about).

    Some of the swithces have changed on .NET 2005 is about all I've
noticed so far (/GX is /EGsc for example) and a lot of warnings about
depreceated functions, but I'm guessing those have been there for a
while.  I had to comment over a few of -WX switches as well to stop it
dying on depreciated functions, mostly sprintf().

    If the compile for 2000/XP32 makes it through OK I shall try again
with the build enviroment for XP64.

    I take it you you know that nmake /f NTMakefile clean will fall over
if you run it before you've built anything?  The NTMakefile.version file
doesn't exist in config/ so it gets a little upset :)

--
Chris Crowther