Re[2]: [OpenAFS-win32-devel] No more feature changes expected before

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:15:19 CT

>Without providing access to machines suffering from the problems;
>providing access to systems to reproduce;
>or being willing to debug the problem yourself (since you have access to
>symbol data and source code) it does very little good for you to report
>these problems.

I am waiting on network support to open up those ports for you.

>You claimed that (1) failed after you installed the MS Loopback Adapter
>so this sounds
>like a configuration problem with the IP address/netmask associated with
>the adapter
>causing a conflict with your novell network OR Novell's code is broken.

well.  everything else seems to work (tcp/ip wise)  I wouldn't surprise me if we
have a networking problem with those novell servers

>A wrong password error by itself is not useful.  Are you using Kerberos
>4 or Kerberos 5?
>Is your clock in synchronization?   Are you able to obtain Kerberos
>tickets from your
>machine outside of OpenAFS?

yes.  that seems to work (how can I check what version of kerberos I am using ?)

>(3) you should be able to access plenty of volumes on plenty of cells
>without authenticated
>access.  Can you?

nope,  I can get tokens.  that's it. (with the windows client)   under linux
everything seems to work.

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |