[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Five questions on MSI and Heimdal

Tommie Gannert d00-tga@d.kth.se
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:04:30 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all.

To the point:

  1) While doing 'Remove' in the 20040715 MSI, the title changes from
     "Remove OpenAFS for Windows" into "{&DlgFontBold8}Remove OpenAFS..."
     after half a second of display.

  2) Is it a feature or a to-be-implemented that I can't upgrade
     directly with MSI? (Have to remove first)

  3) In the install-notes it says cifs/[machine] should be created
     with the same key as host/[machine]. How do I copy/retrieve the
     key of a --random-key created principal in a Heimdal KDC.

  4) Which installation method will be the official for 1.3.70: MSI,
     NSIS or IS?

  5) I have a global mapping of my /afs/cell to Z:. I can't access Z:
     without first opening \\AFS\cell, and hitting Cancel in the
     password dialog. Is this because I'm missing the cifs/ principal?
     Why am I still able to use Z: as normal, even if hit Cancel (I
     think that's pretty counter-intuitive)?