[OpenAFS-win32-devel] "buffer overrun detected" message from Visual C++ Runtime Library

Richard Hansen rhansen@mitre.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:08:58 -0400

OK, I installed the debug version.  How do I get the stack information?

Now when it crashes, I get a dialog that says this:

----------------
(title)  Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Program:  C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program\afsd_service.exe
Module:  C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program\afsd_service.exe
File:

Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 's' was corrupted.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]
----------------

If I hit Retry, I get the standard your-app-crashed dialog box where it
says "for more information about this error, click here".  A bunch of
files were created:

afsd_service.exe.hdmp
afsd_service.exe.mdmp
appcompat.txt