[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Strange client issue...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:23:55 -0400

Jeffrey and all,

I've just had a strange problem with the AFS 1.3.6400 client.  In testing
some other networking software I needed to pull my network cable out
momentarily from my workstation.  When I did this I lost access to my AFS
files and directories.

Here is a pic that shows my screen...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/afs_client_errors/OpenAFSforWindows-136400_problem_data_200404161700/afs_error.jpg

And here is the text from the command shell on the left in the pic...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/afs_client_errors/OpenAFSforWindows-136400_problem_data_200404161700/afs_error.txt

Apparently "tokens" shows that I have a token, but performing a "dir" shows
that I have no access.  The left command shell in the pic shows the steps
taken.  I then started a "SYSTEM" console (on the top right) where I
stopped the AFS client service.  When I did this I got the AFS service
application error dialog shown in the middle right.  I then restarted the
service, klogged as myself, and got a new token, which fixed the problem.

So apparently pulling the network cable will cause the AFS service to
"forget" I have a token, even though one shows up when I type "tokens".

Anybody else see this problem?  Jeffrey, what's up here?

Btw,  I'm am using the loopback adapter.

Thanks,

Rodney