[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Re: Use of the Windows Registry

Meghadri Ghosh meghadri@stanford.edu
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:23:51 -0800

Perhaps the afsdbmt.ini containing the drive mappings could be moved to
be per user.

I believe the current code could be maintained by simply create the
following key: (The default value can be set to some suitable key,
perhaps under 'Software\\OpenAFS.org\\Client'?)

NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\afsdbmt.ini]
@="#USR:Software\\OpenAFS.org\\afsdbmt

Thus per user mapping settings could be maintained.

By the way, I installed v1.2.10 on XP and noticed that it installs the
loopback adapter and binds to it. This is good, but the MS loopback
adapter was already installed on the system and a second instance was
inserted by the installation. Additionally, on removing the new instance
of the loopback adapter, and restarting the client service, the binding
was to the (real) NIC instead of the existing loopback adapter.

Some time back I had emailed a URL that contained the diffs of a local
version we have at Stanford that installed the loopback adaptor, if
necessary, and if automatic binding was specificed, detected any
existing instance of the MS loopback adaptor and bound to its LANA.

The installer has been written with Installshield Developer 8. The code
diffs and the install project can be found at

http://www.stanford.edu/~meghadri/OpenAFS/

Please let me know if there are any questions, or these could be
otherwise modified to be amenable for useful integration into OpenAFS.

--
megh