[OpenAFS-win32-devel] URGENT: 1.3.72 to release this Sunday

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:19:33 -0400

At 10:33 AM 10/14/04, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

>In the meantime, we believe it is crucial that an updated OpenAFS client
>for Windows be released and that all organizations distributing the
>Windows client begin the process of pushing out the update.

It appears from your summary that the only reason this is occuring is
because "crypt" is now the default option for OpenAFS clients.  Most people
use the default options, so those people are seeing the problem.  Our group
doesn't use the crypt option (on campus) so our servers are fine.  I'm sure
there are many other people who have chosen not to use crypt for whatever
reason.  Btw, I'm assuming you mean that Unix/Linux servers are crashing
that are running 1.2.11?  We are running the Solaris version of 1.2.11 on
all our servers and they seem to be fine, again because we don't enable crypt.

I thought you weren't going to release a new version until next year.  Will
the 'nix version be updated from 1.2.11 to 1.3.72?

Rodney