[OpenAFS-win32-devel] disable Creation of submounts

Tommie Gannert d00-tga@d.kth.se
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:52:38 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> At 07:32 PM 10/20/04, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> >On the subject of drive mapping, now that we have a uniform UNC server
> >name across machines, "AFS", is there any reason to even support thedrive
> >mapping functionality in the AFS Systray or Control Panel tools?
> >
> >Users can always create drive mappings with Explorer and NET USE.
>
> True.  I don't have an issue with this.  If it would help reduce the
> complexity of the code then I'm all for it.

It would probably help new users too. If you have two ways of doing
something, chances are some people believe they are two different
things... The connections submount <-> share and mounting <-> mapping
are not obivous.

Movh
Tommie Gannert