[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Symlinks for the Freelance root.afs volume

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:49:19 -0400

At 11:36 AM 10/28/04, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>Rodney M Dyer wrote:
>>So in theory, does this solve my problem of wanting to place an
>>artificial file called "desktop.ini" in the root for naming the AFS
>>volume for the Explorer file browser?  Can you create a symlink called
>>"desktop.ini" that points to a real "desktop.ini" out in AFS somewhere?
>>Rodney
>
>I don't know.  Try it.  We filter out all requests to find "desktop.ini"
>and reject them because of performance issues.

Strange, the filter isn't working too well.  I have a desktop.ini file in
my home user volume root and Explorer picks it up just fine.  I will try it
though.

Btw,  I can't say I'm too happy about the certificates.  This blows my
AFSLogonShell hack out of the water.  Time to create my own provider
dll.  Except with my own, there's no way for me to get a hold of the
SMBName if in high security mode.  Ah well, win some, lose some.  Back to
the drawing board.

Rodney