[OpenAFS-win32-devel] What changed after 1.4.1?

Andrew Radamis rust710@gmail.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:13:43 -0500

------=_Part_123779_4642492.1165961623632

I have a small AFS network setup, where I have AFS integrated login setup
with the same login id, passwords, and UID values as the samba PDC. After
attempting to upgrade the Windows AFS client to any version after 1.4.1,
integrated login no longer works. I get a "Authentication Server was
unavailable" message box a few seconds after the loging attempt, and the
following message in the system event log:

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    AFS Logon
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    1008
Date:        12/11/2006
Time:        4:56:48 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    WOOT1
The description for Event ID ( 1008 ) in Source ( AFS Logon ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
Integrated login failed: Authentication Server was unavailable.

I've done some searching and have found no other reference to anyone else
having this problem.

Thanks,

Andrew