[OpenAFS-win32-devel] OpenAFS Build Failure for Windows VISTA.

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:33:23 -0500

Bharat Kulkarni <bharat.pict@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a query and would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.
>
> I was trying to build OpenAFS on Microsoft Windows Vista from the
> source code downloaded. The version of source code downloaded was:
> 1.5.15. I was following the steps from the README-NT.txt. The command,
> "nmake /f NTMakefile install" works fine.
> It does say it has build Successfully. But the next step where I want
> to create the installables using NSIS source code/installbles is
> failing.
>
> the command that is failing is:
>
> "nmake /f NTMakefile NSIS"
>
> and i am getting the following error:
>

> --->
> !insertmacro: end of ReplaceDLL
> File:
> "D:\OpenAFS\openaf~1.15\dest\i386_w2k\checked\root.client\usr\vice\etc\afs
> plhlp.chm" -> no files found.

I haven't built on Windows for a long time, but do you need to do
something like "nmake /f NTMakefile dest" before running the above?
"Make dest" is the command that builds the root.client folder on other
platforms.

> Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...]
>   | /oname=outfile one_file_only)
> Error in script "OpenAFS.nsi" on line 559 -- aborting creation process
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\NSIS\makensis.exe"' :
> return code
> '0x1'
> Stop.

Do you have NSIS installed?  And is it installed in C:\Program
Files\NSIS?
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Download

> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform
> SDK\Bin\nmake.e
> xe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
>
> <---
>
> I am using Visual Studio 2005
> Microsoft SDK 2003
> WDK 6000
> We also downloaded as suggested in README.txt, NSIS installables and
> the source tree.
>
> Can someone help me with this?
>
> I would also like to know if there is a Debug build along with the
> symbol files available on the site so that we can directly debug the
> OpenAFS product for Windows Vista. Is there any other way in which I
> can debug the code to have a look at the code flow for my study.

Is there some reason the provided binaries don't work on Vista?  There
are provided Debug builds as well.

http://www.openafs.org/release/openafs-1.5.18.html

<<CDC