[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Queries to understand OpenAFS as a Remote File System

Bharat Kulkarni bharat.pict@gmail.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:11:50 +0530

------=_Part_25034_18604735.1180932110816

Hi,

Thanks a lot your responses.

I have some further queries,

Can you kindly tell me, how does the Windows CIFS client using SMB, talk to
OpenAFS? Have you registered any DLL or is the entry put in the registry.
How does OpenAFS accept the SMB packets from Windows and carry on further
tasks. What role does NetBios play?

Does MPR.DLL and MUP.sys come into the picture to make OpenAFS work as a n/w
redirector when operations are carried out on the drive mapped? As per Vista
WDK Docs, MUP.sys is now used even when a mapped drive (Not local) is
accessed.. Have you also made OpenAFS changes to work according to Vista
guidelines?

I also have a query regarding the way in which command prompt executes a
request as compared to windows explorer. What i mean is, does it follow the
same path when we access OpenAFS drive using explorer and when we access the
drive from command prompt? Is it the code path for both ways of accessing
the drive? Does MUP.sys play any role in this? Are you registering OpenAFS
with MUP.sys to work as per the Vista Docs?

Can you also kindly guide me as to how I can further understand the working
of OpenAFS in terms of the SMB protocol, and communication between OpenAFS
and windows

Thanks and Regards,
Bharat.

------=_Part_25034_18604735.1180932110816

MUP.sys play any role in this? Are you registering OpenAFS with MUP.sys to work as per the Vista Docs?<br><br>Can you also kindly guide me as to how I can further understand the working of OpenAFS in terms of the SMB protocol, and communication between OpenAFS and windows

------=_Part_25034_18604735.1180932110816--