[OpenAFS-win32-devel] AFS + git + Windows

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:25:12 +0100

On 10 Jul 2009, at 22:12, Mickey Lane wrote:

> Thanks Jeffrey
>
> I picked this list on purpose because I was trying to bypass the
> Unix-centric answers since that seems to be half of my problem. (My
> background is VMS & NT, not Unix) If I manage to do anything useful,
> I'll still post to this list since the readers are likely Windows
> people.

Many of your questions were generic git ones (for example, how to
handle local changes, what the difference between a checkout and a
clone is, how to make your own branches, what relationship exists
between your repository and the one on Openafs.org, etc). It's much
better to ask those over on openafs-devel, so that everyone who's
coming up to speed can get the benefit of the answers.

> Re: the Jabber room. What's the name and location? Do I need an
> account of some sort to participate?

It's openafs@conference.openafs.org. You'll need an account on any
federated Jabber service (of which Gtalk is one)

S.