[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Visual Studio 2008 Solution for OpenAFS

Mickey Lane mlane@sinenomine.net
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 12:57:28 -0500

Greetings,

I have a solution for the current master branch of git on openafs.org. ('So=
lution' is Microsoft's name for the IDE configuration that builds all the d=
ifferent DLLs, libraries, executables, etc.) The solution contains about 60=
 projects - almost all of the Windows OpenAFS components.

A prerequisite for using it is the successful completion of the official Wi=
ndows build since it uses some of the files produced during that build. It =
cannot be used in place of the official build. It doesn't contain anything =
after the compile and link steps present in the official Windows build (i.e=
. documentation, install items, etc). The project files are located in and =
under a peer directory of src, dest, obj and doc. All of its output goes in=
to its own dest directory to keep it from changing things in the official o=
utput tree. Whenever the official build is changed by adding or moving file=
s, the solution must be updated to reflect the changes. It can be a bit of =
a job at times.

It's useful for 32-bit debug.  I've made no effort  to support release or 6=
4-bit.

I use it all the time for editing, debugging, single stepping, etc.

I'm curious to see if anyone has an interest in doing the same. Perhaps I c=
an arrange to have it available for download. It's about 1.8 Mbyte.

Mickey.