[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Re: Getting rid of OpenAFS/Win tray icon

Lukas Haase lukashaase@gmx.at
Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:31:49 -0700

On 2013-04-09 20:16, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Luke,
>
> In the future please send general user questions to
> openafs-info@openafs.org.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply (despite my choise of the wrong list).

In order not to split the thread I will still reply here. I hope this is OK.

> You will find at least one answer to your question in section 3.2.3 of
> the OpenAFS for Windows Release Notes which are installed on your
> machine and are also available from the web:
>
> http://docs.openafs.org/ReleaseNotesWindows/index.html#Kerberos_v5_Requirements.html#Network_Identity_Manager_Provider
>
> There is also help available by right clicking on the icon and selecting
> "Help for OpenAFS Credentials Provider".
>
> You have two lock icons because you have installed two independent
> applications for acquiring and managing tokens.

Hmm, not really unfortunately. I already found this information but it
does not state how to remove either of them. Or is the (implicit)
answer: It is not possible?

Both tray icons are handleded by the same process (netidmgr.exe), be it
because of a plugin or not. So I would expect to be able to remove at
least one.

As far as I know I must have both MIT Kerberos and OpenAFS Client installed.

Luke