[OpenAFS-win32-devel] stuck setting up devel environment with WiX 2 and VS2008

Christian chanlists@googlemail.com
Mon, 23 May 2016 12:26:50 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to set up a new buildbot for the windows builds. I am
following the instructions at

https://github.com/openafs/openafs/blob/master/README-WINDOWS

Specifically, I have already installed:

Windows 7 x64
Visual Studio 2008 Professional
Windows [Platform] SDK
Windows DDK
Microsoft HTML Help Workshop
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Mitigation APIs 1.1
ActiveState Perl 5.10
Cygwin flex and bison
Doxygen

I am stuck with WiX. The documentation says:

The following version is supported: WiX 2.0.5805.0

I understand that there are some issues with the 2 series here.
Nevertheless, I am trying to get started with it as recommended in the
documentation. When I try to install Votive2.msi, I get:

"WiX Toolset Visual Studio Package requires the Standard, Professional,
or Team editions of Visual Studio Express editions are not supported."

Nevertheless, the documentation states that Secure Endpoints used the
combination of Win 7 x64 and VS2008 to build the MSIs. So some version
of WiX must have worked...

Thanks for any insight you could provide,

Christian