[OpenAFS-port-darwin] AFS Server on Mac OS X

Martin Ott ott@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:55:15 +0200

I just tried to setup an AFS server on Mac OS X. I downloaded and
installed the OpenAFS package from homepage.mac.com/thomasv. Then I
tried to setup an AFS server according to the IBM Quick Beginnings
manual. Everything went fine till the creation of the first volume.

The command: ./vos create <hostname> /vicepa root.afs -cell <cell_name>
-noauth
returns following error:
 > Failed to create the volume root.afs 536870936
 >: Input/output error
 >Error in vos create command.
 >: Input/output error

/vicepa is a HFS+ partition. I have tried the same with /vicepb, my UFS
partition but I receive the same error with an increased number.

I think that AFS doesn't support both file systems, or I am wrong? If it
doesn't support the two file systems will there be a workaround or what
other platform do you recommend for setting up an AFS server that I can
use with Mac OS X?

Cheers, Martin Ott.