[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Odd problem with file cp'ed from afs to local HD

Ted McCabe ted@MIT.EDU
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:14:32 -0400

At 3:03 PM -0400 6/11/01, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>I am running openafs on MacOS 10, and ran into an odd problem
>when I copied a file from our local AFS cell to my hard disk.
>(our AFS cell is all Transarc-afs servers, I am only using
>OpenAFS on the client).
>Luckily I work with freebsd, and this sounded a lot like the
>"schg" flag in freebsd land.  So I tried:
>
>        ls -lo .bash_aliases
>
>(that's a lowercase-letter-O, not a zero).  This told me:
>
>-rw-r--r--  1 gad  staff  uappnd 21624 Jun 11 14:46 .bash_aliases
>My guess is that there is something in darwin which thinks
>those flags are on, but that AFS does not give the same
>meaning to "those bits" as HFS+ gives to them.

There's a bug in the 1.0.4 release - basically these attribute flags
get random values due to uninitialized fields.  I submitted a patch
on May 10 for it (see
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2001-May/date.html
and choose the 1 msg I sent ;-).

    --Ted