[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS and MacosX 10.1.2/Darwin 5.2

Ragnar Sundblad ragge@nada.kth.se
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:06:26 +0100

Hello, all!

I have been playing with OpenAFS on MacOSX 10.1.2 (Darwin 5.2).
I built it with --host=powerpc-apple-darwin1.4.

When exercised a little, I get a few of these syslogged:
"mach_kernel: ubc_release didn't release the reference?!",
which one can find in osi_VM_TryReclaim() (src/afs/DARWIN/osi_vm.c)
like so:

    if (ubc_issetflags(vp, UI_WASMAPPED)) {
        simple_unlock(&vp->v_interlock);
#ifdef  AFS_DARWIN14_ENV
        ubc_release_named(vp);
#else
        ubc_release(vp);
#endif
        if (ubc_issetflags(vp, UI_HASOBJREF))
            printf("ubc_release didn't release the reference?!\n");
    } else if (...

Is this bad?

Should the code be updated for 10.1.2/5.2?
If so, is anyone out there working on that? (Kind of tricky
without the kernel source, maybe :-)

I have also had a few crashes. I haven't had the symbols for
the afs kext, and certainly not for the kernel since the source
isn't out yet, but it has been in sorecieve every time.
(sorry, thought I hade a backtrace at least, but I have lost it.)
Has anyone else seen this?

/ragge