[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

Joseph Jackson jackson@CMU.EDU
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:03:23 -0400

Sigh. I'm in charge of the macosxlabs.org project, though it's mostly a
few others who contribute documentation. I believe we may have
published an incorrect statement. I'm just upgrading to 10.2 on my main
desktop today, so I'll get those docs corrected once I know what I'm
talking about. I'll be sure to bring this up during our next group conf
call.

I have some contacts at Apple who I can get advice from on the AFS
authentication issue. I doubt that they would distribute an
authenticator, given that they don't distribute the OpenAFS client, but
we can probably get some questions answered.

Apple has a web page where anyone can report bugs or make enhancement
requests. Asking for a bridge to tie loginwindow to PAM sounds
reasonable to me.
   http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter

Joe Jackson,
Carnegie Mellon University.