[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

Ragnar Sundblad ragge@nada.kth.se
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 20:31:38 +0200

--On den 8 oktober 2002 11:53 -0400 David Botsch <dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu>
wrote:

> We are going to use the pagsh trick with window server to get a pag, and
> then use the aklog trick to get tokens with kerb auth.

And how would you do that? What aklog, called from where
and when?

The windowserver will have a per-process-tree pag while a
loginLogout module would run in the SecurityServer/Agent
process tree and never will the two meet.

Maybe I am missing something, in that case I would be very
happy to be told so, but I doubt that that would work.

Loginhook isn't usable either since it
A. Is run from loginwindow which != windowserver tree
B. There are no kerberos tickets available when loginhook runs,
   at least in the current implementation of things.

/ragge