[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

Dan Hyde Dan Hyde <drh@umich.edu>
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:15:25 -0400

> > I think Ragge's point is that creating a PAG for WindowServer won't do
> > any good since the user's processes aren't children of that process. If
> > he's right, then the Finder, Terminal, etc. would not be in the PAG.
>
> Almost, actually those processes you mention runs from WindowServer,
> but for example loginwindow+pbs and SecurityAgent aren't,
> and SecurityAgent is the one running the kerberos loginLogout plugin.

OK, coming clean time.  I'm running 10.2.1, with openafs-1.2.7, with
the WindowServer shell script (which doesn't hang), but still not using
aklog via the loginLogout plugin, but doing one in the background at
login time (which started as Terminal/aklog, to .login, etc).

I have NOT tried the new method, and didn't think about SecurityAgent
running in a different PAG then WindowServer.  With all the juggling
I've been trying, I didn't stop to verify that SecurityAgent isn't a
child of WindowServer.  Sorry for the confusion.

So, what should I tell Apple tomorrow when I meet with them to talk
about this sort of issue?