[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Kerberos for Macintosh Login Authentication, Help?

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:07:41 -0700

At 9:31 PM -0400 10/21/02, David Botsch wrote:
>There is another edit you need to make to /etc/authorization:
>
>         <key>system.login.console</key>
>         <dict>
>                 <key>eval</key>
>
><string>loginwindow_builtin:login,krb5auth:authnoverify,loginwindow_builtin:success</string
>

>the edit you put in only gets you kerberos tickets when loggin in but does not
>actually authenticate you against kerberos.

I don't want login dependent on having a network connection, much
less having the server running properly.  I just want to get a ticket
if it's possible.

Do I still need to do the extra edit?  My interpretation of the web
pages was that I didn't need it for my loose dependence.

I think I'm asking a real dumb, newby type question.  If the built-in
KfM stuff weren't so new I'd feel really stupid.  Maybe.

Thanks for responding!