[OpenAFS-port-darwin] disktool -r in OpenAFS StartupItems script

John C. Welch jwelch@bynkii.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:44:03 -0400

On 04/22/2003 17:37, "Jonathan Z. Simon" <jzsimon@eng.umd.edu> wrote:

> Following Alexei Kosut's suggestion (appending disktool -r to the
> OpenAFS StartupItems script) has made my world a better place.

Just as a follow up for some folks who were asking, and because Alexei's
most excellent work made it possible, I have a PDF at:

<http://web.mit.edu/jwelch/www/AFS_homedirs_and_Mac_OS_X.pdf>

Which is the procedure we've tested at MIT for using AFS home directories as
OS X Home directories. It works pretty well for us, and although it's pretty
MIT - Centric, it should (hopefully) help others along the path.

I'm working on OS X Server docs that do a bit more, but that's going to take
longer.

On a side note, most of the Mac OS X folks at MIT would like to thank Alexei
for his aklog plugin, as without it, we wouldn't have been able to do
anything with AFS home directories, and Alexei, if you're ever in Boston,
let us know, we'll make sure you get at least a couple free beers.

john

--
John C. Welch         Writer/Analyst
Bynkii.com             Mac and other opinions