[OpenAFS-port-darwin] new OpenAFS package with config utility

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:07:13 -0400

Hi all.

I've created a graphical configuration utility and added it into the
OpenAFS 1.2.9.1 package (now 1.2.9.2). The GUI utility runs at the end
of a new installation and prompts the user for the cell name, allows
the user to edit the contents of the CellServDB, and gives a default
afsd.options string which can also be edited.

I plan on adding this on to the 1.2.10 package at some point in the
near future after I get a chance to evaluate 1.2.10 (and perhaps also
make a standalone release of it). The problem with the standalone is
that it either has to be installed setuid root or run by a runwithprivs
app I've written to pop up the OS X Auth box and then run the app with
privileges. Within the context of the installer, doing this is not a
problem.

Once again... let me know of any bugs and send me any feedback.

Download from:
http://cf.ccmr.cornell.edu/publicdownloads/afs/OpenAFS-1.2.9.2.pkg.tar.gz
(you can look at the post-install script in the package to see how to
run the app from say an Applescript or shell script if you wanted to
create your own separate icon to run it).

--
David William Botsch