[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: 1.2.10 and patches? (Ragnar Sundblad)

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:45:10 +0200

Hi,

--On Montag, 25. August 2003 17:38 Uhr -0700 "Henry B. Hotz"=20
<hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

>> I believe that the common answer to this is that they should
>> use access(2) instead. There seems to have been a debate within
>> apple some years ago whether there is a performance penalty
>> with access, and I think that there is under certain
>> circumstances and that is supposed to be why they use stat
>> instead. Maybe the problem is that they want to stat anyway
>> and they figured that one call is faster than two.
>>
>> I don't know how this has proceeded. Maybe someone else on this
>> list knows more.
>>
>> /ragge
>
> There was a comment on darwin-development that the relevant call was
> buried somewhere in their OOP framework and they were having trouble
> finding it in order to fix it.
>
> That was a while ago.  If anyone wants to submit (polite) feedback on
> their comment web pages it might help.

I could do that using more efficient means, I suppose, but first I'd like=20
to know if this hasn't changed with Panther ...

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Geb=E4ude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK