[OpenAFS-port-darwin] gui Mount_AFS update

John C. Welch jwelch@bynkii.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:47:31 -0600

On 12/4/03 11:45 AM, "David Botsch" <dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu> wrote:

> If there's a good, portable way to determine what version of the OS is
> being run, this can be fixed. /usr/include/sys/version.h doesn't appear
> to be of any use. On my Jaguar system it shows major kernel version of
> 10 and minor version of 0.

Gestalt is your best bet. System version is either going to return the hex
representation of the number, in my case 1031, and you parse from there. You
do have to deal with implied decimals, but some experimentation can help you
figure out if you need it.

john

--
John C. Welch         Writer/Analyst
Bynkii.com              Mac and other opinions