[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: port-darwin digest, Vol 1 #81 - 1 msg

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:18:07 -0800

At 7:49 PM -0600 1/15/03, Alexei Kosut wrote:
>On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 11:17  AM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>>Just out of curiosity, do you have anything better than the
>>kerberos plugin for authentication?
>
>No, I don't know of anything other than what Apple provides and
>what's been previously talked about on this list.  Sorry! My focus
>right now is mostly on Kerberos and AFS on the individual user's Mac
>OS X desktop, for which the existing tools are mostly sufficient.
>There may be people at Stanford working on complete directory/login
>integration, but they haven't told me about it :)

I'm not interested in complete directory integration so much as in
complete Kerberos integration.  The apple-published instructions only
tell you how to get loginWindow to use Kerberos, not on how to get
the other 3+ authentication paths to do the same thing as
loginWindow.  There was a rumor that something would come out at
MW-SF, but I haven't seen anything.

*sigh*