[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: port-darwin digest, Vol 1 #81 - 1 msg

Ragnar Sundblad ragge@nada.kth.se
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:24:55 +0100

--On den 18 januari 2003 22:23 -0800 Thomas Vincent <shetomv@pacbell.net>
wrote:

> I asked the MIT team that does Apple Kerberos, about
> Kerberoses interaction with Mac OS X. They responded
> that the Apple Kerberos implimentation interacted fine
> with the CLI and login window. That being said its
> interaction with security server is up for debate.

Sorry, I don't get it: debate within what forum? Within
apple between the system designers?
Isn't it clear that Kerberos should be a first class
authentication system and should be intergrated as such?
I can imagine there are some technicalities that has to be
solved, but are there any other problems?

I believe you, Thomas, has some contacts within apple.
Can you ask them what the problem really is, and if there
are any questions, open up a discussion with us, the users
of their code?

Is is surely good and fine to think things trough so that they
get integrated well, but what the heck, they have been talking
about, designing and hacking on the kerberos implementation and
the Security Service things in parallel for over two years now,
how can integrating them be a problem? I guess that was a
rhetorical question. I don't want to be mean, but we must be
able to get a better answer than what they have given us.

/ragge