[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: port-darwin digest, Vol 1 #85 - 1 msg

Michael Bartosh mbartosh@4am-media.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:10:29 -0700

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 10:42 AM, Thomas Vincent wrote:

> Isn't that more of a issue with the Kerberos server
> software?
> --- Sly Upah <supah@iastate.edu> wrote:
>> Then I would very much like to see Kerberos on OS X
>> handle
>> expired passwords. As far as I can tell, it doesn't
>> currently.

Currently, when you have an expired kerberos password, loginwindow
doesn't prompt you to change it. Loginwindows knows how to do this to
some extent, since it knows how to change the SASL bassed password when
password server says a password has expired. And I believe the Thursby
product demonstrated at MacWorld would do this, as well (against a
microsoft KDC).