[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Finder crash when mounting AFP volumes

Bruce Carter bcarter@nd.edu
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:23:19 -0500

Greetings Alexei,

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 12:05  PM, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> I am curious if it happens only with AppleShare servers, or with other
> kinds of remote drives as well.  For example, if you mount an SMB or
> WebDAV/.Mac volume, do you get the same crash?

Well, this is interesting.  SMB volumes mount just fine (mounted a
Windows server here on campus).  WebDAV volumes mount just fine
(mounted my wife's iDisk).  AppleShare volumes crash the Finder.  Just
to be sure, I did a complete reinstall of the system, with only the
minimum to get AFS home directories up.  I've tried several different
AppleShare servers.  It crashes right after entering the name and
password, right where the list of available share points would normally
come up.

Never a dull moment around here...  I'm copying this to the port-darwin
list as well, maybe someone will have an idea.

--
Bruce Carter, ACTC, MacCSE, MCP              http://www.nd.edu/~bcarter/
Senior Educational Technologist                    mailto:bcarter@nd.edu