[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Trouble with AFS mount point

Peter Lorenzen lorenzen@cs.unc.edu
Sat, 31 May 2003 15:33:02 -0400

Hi All,

I am not sure how much this is an OpenAFS or general MacOS X question.

I have a PowerBook G4 running MacOS 10.2.6 with OpenAFS 1.2.9 and I am
having difficulty accessing the /afs or /Network/afs, if you will,
directory.  I have a bad feeling that I may have accidentally unmounted
the afs directory, from the finder desktop, prior to shutting down my
machine last.

For example I now get:

[peter:~] peter% ls /Network/
Applications  Library       Servers       Users         afs
[peter:~] peter% ls /Network/afs
ls: /Network/afs: Operation timed out

Not sure why the above operation timed out.

Also I get:

[peter:~] peter% sudo /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS
/Network/afs does not exist. Not starting AFS client.

When a examine the process list, however, I find that upon startup I
get nine afsd processes which might suggest that my OpenAFS startup
script is invoked.

I have a valid "ThisCell" /private/var/db/openafs/etc and so on.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how I might fixed this problem?

Thanks in advance!

- Peter