[OpenAFS-port-darwin] gui version of mount_afs available

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:08:30 -0500

Hi, again.

I've taken Alexei's mount_afs, and gui-ized it for the end-user with
one additional mod:

It only mounts "" in /Network/afs (for -dynroot).

The purpose here is for some OS X person with a laptop using -nomount.
They start up their laptop, double-click the Mount_AFS icon, and the
standard OS X admin username/pw box pops up. Put in an
admin/username/pw, and the app reruns itself w. root privileges so that
it can do the above mount. AFS icon appears on user's desktop.

Download from:
http://cf.ccmr.cornell.edu/publicdownloads/afs

Now, here's the bad news.
Earlier, when afs was already mounted and I reran the commandline
version with "" /Network/afs, the os crashed (screen greys, the you
must reboot in several languages box pops up). So, presumable, the gui
version would do the exact same thing if executed a second time.

Anyway, let me know what you think. And, Alexei, if you make any
changes to the commandline version, lemme know, and I'll pull those
into the gui version as well.

later!

--
David William Botsch