[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Permissions patch

Eric Knauel knauel@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:14:59 +0200

Hi,

I just upgraded from OpenAFS 1.2.9 to 1.2.10 and it seems that new
version has the "OS X permissions patch" built in.  Is there a way to
limit the extents of that patch or to turn it off?

There are some applications like ssh-agent and gpg which are very
unhappy that they don't see the UNIX permissions for the files they
expect. For instance ssh-agent complains about UNIX permissions being
"to open" when a ssh-key has the UNIX permissions 666, which are the
permissions that show up on OS X with the permissions patch (actually
the key has the correct UNIX permissions, e.g. it works fine with
FreeBSD).

-Eric
--
"Excuse me --- Di Du Du Duuuuh Di Dii --- Huh Weeeheeee" (Albert King)