[OpenAFS-port-darwin] server support in 1.2.10a on Mac OS X 10.3

Edward Moy emoy@apple.com
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:09:05 -0800

While it isn't obvious from the release notes, 1.2.10a has server
support on 10.3.  Both HFS and UFS vice partitions are supported.

The only difference in setup from other systems is the use of
/etc/fstab.  See the diskarbitrationd man page about using the UUID and
LABEL constructs.

There are some issues with getting the partitions mentioned in
/etc/fstab to mount before the OpenAFS servers.  I will put together
some notes and post them later.
Edward Moy
Apple

P.S.  "Out of the box", server support only works on 10.3.  A while
back, I had pretty much the same changes working on 1.2.8 and 10.2, but
in updating to 1.2.10, I didn't have the time to get 10.2 server
working.  Drop me a line if you want some pointers on how to do it.