[OpenAFS-port-darwin] anyone want to work on the installer?

Steve Burling srb@umich.edu
Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:49:03 -0400

--On Tuesday, August 3, 2004 1:15 PM -0400 Everette Gray Allen
<Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu> wrote:

> So I assume that this question is in context of making this app and not
> building the installer.  I believe it would not be safe to assume that
> everyone has the Developer tools installed.  Personally I have been
> adding my own postflight script to the "stock" install to add all the
> needed files (ThisCell, TheseCells, CellServDB, afsd.options) for my site
> including a edu.mit.kerberos file and an aklogin.logout plug-in so I am
> hoping that a new postflight script would not add important install items
> but only easily replaceable configuration items? In other words I want to
> be able to rip out the "stock" postflight and add mine back without worry
> the install will not be complete.

To which I reply:

How about making the "stock" postflight script look for some localized
script (OpenAFS.post_install.local) and execute that script if it exists?

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb@umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779