[OpenAFS-port-darwin] (no subject)

Jan Dreyer jan.dreyer@gmx.de
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:24:14 +0200

Hi,

I'm getting Kernel-Panics when saving my documents. What I did exactly:
1. Installed Panther on a separate Partition of my 17" Powerbook (1.25
GHz, 512 MB)
2. Installed all Updates
3. Installed OpenAFS-Package from

http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.2.11/macos-10.3/OpenAFS.pkg.tar.gz
4. Installed aklog
5. Reboot
6. Getting KRB5-Ticket with kinit -f
7. Getting AFS-Token with aklog
8. Opening a File in my AFS-Tree, say, an HTML-File with any GUI-Editor
(Subethaedit p. ex.).
9. Making some bigger changes (Replacing some lines) in the file.
10. Saving
==> Boom :-(

what I figured out:
- The information about the AFS-Package-File says Version 1.2.10. I got
that from the 1.2.11-Tree at OpenAFS.org?!
- Editing and saving in the Text-Console (with "vi") is no problem.
- A friend of mine has an older version on his iBook (maybe 1.2.10). No
kernelpanics there.

Has anybody any clues about this? We want to switch all our student
homes to AFS but with such effects we can not do so. :-/

Greetings
Jan Dreyer
--
ZIT (Zentrum IT-Dienste)                               +-----------+
.                                   |     USE PGP!     |\  O---m  /|