[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Installing earlier version

JOSHUA R HYMAN jrhyman@wisc.edu
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:20:18 -0500

Hi,

I recently attempted to install OpenAFS on a Mac for a colleague.  I assumed he had OS 10.3 on his computer but it turns out I was wrong.  He has OS 10.2 which is incompatible with OpenAFS 1.2.11.  I have removed all files listed in OpenAFS.bom but when I try to use the installer for OpenAFS 1.2.10 (the correct version) it refuses to let me install.  It cannot install over  the later version (1.2.11) which it still thinks exists.  Is there a file that needs to be removed that is still indicating that 1.2.11 is installed?  Can you override the safeguard that prevents older versions from being installed over more recent versions.?

Thanks in advance,

Josh